Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Seattle rocks!


You know, sometimes living in a big city, you get just get stuck hanging out in the same neighborhoods, same insular scenes, same favorite bars and restaurants... and your start to forget that you live in a massive thriving metropolis. Last week I took a ferry over to Bremerton. When trying to find a decent place to eat in a town that mostly has chain stores and restaurants, I was totally disappointed. I started thinking about how fortunate I am to live where I do. And when heading back into Seattle gazing upon downtown, I was marveling at how awesome and beautiful our downtown really is. I do love Seattle, and with all my traveling this Summer--I've been out of town almost every weekend--it only cements the deal for me each time I come home how much Seattle rocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. It's been a while since I've lived in Seattle. But when I did, I was always reminding myself how awesome Seattle is. Every neighborhood has it's on flavor. Maybe one day I'll be back there. Until then, I'll have to endure the heat in Austin.