Monday, July 30, 2007

Fat Anthony (RIP)

Fat Anthony was a plump crusty punk kid I first met hanging outside a house show drunk, cracking jokes and pretty much holding court with half a dozen or so people because he was so funny. He wore a dirty tan t-shirt with beer bottlecaps stuck on it, smelled pretty bad, but I stuck around and ended up talking to him for hours because he had great stories and was totally fucking funny. Over the years I ran into him all the time at shows around the U-District, Olympia, Everett, etc. In this picture he's singing along with I think Flight 800 at a show at Second Time Around Records in the U-District. A few years ago Anthony died of a staff infection that was left untreated. His smile and sense of humor are missed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Was he from everett?

Dan 10Things said...

Yeah, he definitely was from Everett.

Unknown said...

good guy I met him when he lived in the projects in N'rott. Used to skate with him and the e-ball crew.

bs said...

woah...that sucks.
I used to run into that dude when I would catch the bus in Everett.
he was such a nice guy.
super friendly and outgoing.