Friday, July 27, 2007

Welcome to the 10 Things Music Blog


From 1991-1999 I did what was probably the largest zine in the Northwest. 10 Things Jesus Wants You Know was an attempt to show the world the Seattle music scene in the 1990's that you didn't hear about when grunge made international headlines. We covered punk, garage rock, hardcore and other independent music. My friends and I took thousands of photos, interviewed close to 100 bands and went to countless shows. Since I'm a bit of a freak about documenting things, hate to see those bands and experiences forgotten as the world moves from print to the Web. Google Jesters of Chaos, the Lake Union Pub or Christ on a Crutch and you will find very little history... yet this is the shit that those of us in Seattle grew up on. I'll do my part to try to make sure a few of those memories make the jump in technology and get documented electronically. By all means, I'll be looking for your stories, photos and input as well, my mind grows a little foggy after so many shows and beers. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEJ, i remember in mid ninnties when 10 things was one of the first punk zines published on internet. was kid back then from croatia, listening to punk and ska and so many things changed from then... ahm, internet nostalgia. so many bands i saw and booked since then...as kid i never belived some bands i listened while schoolkid slept in my house ...punk is fun...