Friday, July 27, 2007

Seattle Punk Scene Photos


Sadly I can't remember the names of either of the girls in the first photograph, although I used to hang out drinking with them sometimes outside punk shows in the mid-'90s (update: Jenny and Lizzie, don't know how I could forget either). I am next to positive the photo was taken at Second Time Around Records in Seattle's U-District.

In the second photo we were hanging out drinking outside a church and I snapped a few photos. I'm not sure where this is, I'm guess in the U-District around 1994. Photo includes Larry Rickets, Beth, Jay from Point of Interest zine, Jason and a young Nils.

7 comments:

sidspencer said...

the girl on the right is my buddy lizzie macdonald (fierce as all hell -- used to go toe to toe with skins), but i can't remember the name of the one of the left.
-SidSpx.sXe

Dan 10Things said...

Lizzie, that's right, I think the other girl's name was Jenny. Yeah, Lizzie was awesome, totally balls to the wall. I've seen her a few times in the past 5 or 8 years, but in the mid-90's I saw her about every weekend at shows.

Unknown said...

Yeah, the other gal's name is Jenny. She only lived in Seattle a short time, she was from LA I think. She briefly dated Greg Plath after he and I broke up. That was in '96 or '97.

Unknown said...

Last time I saw Lizzie, she was living with my ex-girlfriend in Capitol Hill. Before that I saw her often at shows in the U-district and at parties.

I'm in the other photo, and I think it was at the church on 52nd and there used to be shows there occasionally.

Anonymous said...

lizzie i think currently lives in arizona. last time i ran into jenny she was a dancer at the lusty lady, and she freaked me out cause she recognized me, but i didnt recognize her cause she was wearing a wig to hide her mohawk

Anonymous said...

ps that was the university baptist church on 52nd, kinda close to safeway. i remember after a big orange42/anti-man show, they stopped having shows there

The Great Melonoma said...

I remember lizzie. I never got along with her. I remember her running around in the pit at various shows with a broken wrist or arm or something. She was tough that's for sure.

More memories. Thanks.