Tuesday, November 3, 2009

20th Anniversary of Nirvana's Bleach


This past June marked the 20th year anniversary of the release of Nirvana's "Bleach" album. Whether you were a fan of what got known soon after by the international press as grunge or not, this was still one heavy kick-ass album that captured at least in part what was going on in local music at the time. I personally love this album, it's really the only Nirvana album I ever listen too, they went too far in a pop direction and got soooooo much hype when "Nevermind" came out that I just stopped paying attention. But "Bleach" was the perfect era of Nirvana for me and it's when I saw them the most live. Today Sub Pop releases a 20th anniversary deluxe vinyl version of "Bleach." It's a double album, the first being the original album remastered and on white vinyl, just like the original first run. The second album features a live recording from a February 9th, 1990 show at the Pine Street Theatre in Portland. Sweet! I just ordered mine, if you're a fan, you should too! You can order it directly through Sub Pop here.

No comments: