Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Michael Griffen and old Rathouse photos!

I finally found some old photos I'd been searching for to pair with past blog articles. This first one is of Michael Griffen, who played violin in hardcore band Behead the Prophet No Lord Shall Live and Olympia band Noggin and passed away January 7th, 2008. The full original article on Michael can be found here. In this photo he is rocking out in the basement of the Goat House with Behead the Prophet.



This photo is of the members of The DC Beggars and Officer Down on the steps of the famous Rathouse from 1992. I had just finished interviewing them for 10 Things #2, if I'm not mistaken, Christine came along with me and took the photo. I wrote a more in depth article on the Rathouse crew and the DC Beggars back here. The playas from left to right: TV Kenly, Scott Marquardt, Julian Gibson, Adrian Garver, Steve 'Hoagie' Gero, Astrella Norell, Carla Sindle, Fred Speakman and Brad Stevens. Thanks to Fred for filling me in on all the names in his old Seattle punk article, even if he wrote my name wrong. The article is here and gives an excellent bit of history.

2 comments:

Teal said...

hey there, i am writing to let you know that i used your photo to supplement a post i am making on ethnomusicology. i think these rathousers look like a tribe! if you have any concern with my use of the picture, please let me know, and i will gladly take it down. moist love...

Dan 10Things said...

Go for it... although that was really just two bands after interviewing them.