Monday, March 24, 2008

Gabe Kerbrat: The Roadie, The Legend, The Facial Hair!

This photo is Gabe Kerbrat performing with his old band The Trots at Rkcndy back in the mid-'90s. I think I met Gabe via swapping zines (he used to do one called "Hellbound") back when he was in highschool or just out of it. Later he and friends lived in the Hellbound House and put on punk shows, I wrote about it back here. Then he joined up with Owen and Larry's band The Trots to make them a 3-piece, you can hear the legendary Trots' song "Paid to Poo" in my article about the second 10 Things compilation CD. Needless to say, they were a funny band. Gabe then became roadie/member of the Murder City Devils and went on to a lifelong career as a roadie for a number of bands. He's got a great blog these days about his life that you should check out, called The Best Chapters From Books I've Never Written. And yes, Gabe's wearing foil underwear in this photo.

No comments: