Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Swingin' Utters







I saw the Swingin' Utters open up for Naked Raygun a few months ago and thought they were great, albeit it pretty drunk. I think I have a big nostalgia factor with the band because we interviewed them early on in 10 Things (back when they were still called Johnny Peebucks and the Swingin' Utters) and I saw a few of their early shows. After the show I pulled out their oldest material and remembered why I liked them, it was a great blend of old punk, street punk and more melodic stuff. These photos are from the same 1994 (possibly 1995) Radio House party the AFI pictures I posted earlier were from. The two bands played on the same equipment and traded off every couple songs. It was a lot of fun for both the bands and the audience.

No comments: