Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Capitol Hill Block Party line-up announced!



This photo is of Akimbo rocking out in the U-District Seattle Public Library at a show from about seven years ago. I love how you can see a couple about to kiss each other in the shadows behind the band. Akimbo will be one of the bands playing this year's Capitol Hill Block Party in Seattle... and one of the only heavier/noisier/punk/rock bands on the bill. Jay Reatard is playing the same day, so for rock fans, it looks like Friday is your best bet. I think it's pretty funny that the two pop bands that I find most annoying right now, mainly due to how much media hype they are getting, are both playing. That would be Vampire Weekend and Kimya Dawson. At some point I'll do some sorta Capitol Hill Block Party contest and give away CDs for some of these bands, I have a pile of U.S.E. and Kimya Dawson promo CDs I'd love to pass on to folks that like them. Here's the announced line-up so far:

Friday July 25
Vampire Weekend
Les Savy Fav
Girl Talk
USE
The Dodos
Jay Reatard
Akimbo
Pwrfl Power
Past Lives
Black Eyes And Neckties
Champagne Champagne
Plus many more!!!

Saturday July 26
Surprise Guest!!
The Hold Steady
Chromeo
Kimya Dawson
Darker My Love
The Builders & The Butchers
The Hands
Velella Velella
The Physics
Man Plus
Little Party And Bad Business
Plus many more!!!

You can get more information about the block party here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jon looks so young in that picture! That's right around the time I started going to see Akimbo, and I've seen them somewhere between 40-50 times now. They've been a local favourite of mine since the first time I saw them, and I'm glad that they're finally getting the recognition they deserve both locally and nationally.