Friday, April 11, 2008

The Donnas



I talked about hanging out backstage with The Donnas years ago and interviewing them before a show at the Graceland back here. This is another photo from the same night of Donna A (Brett Anderson) and Donna C (Torry Castellano). Since I last talked about the band, their album "Bitchin'" came out. While I'm glad to see this all-girl group off of a major label and back on an indie, overall the album was pretty disappointing. I was fine with their move away from garage rock towards cock rock... that is until they slowed down so much. I at least want the energy of AC/DC and Priest, but on "Bitchin'" it's like they turned things down a notch, which makes me just pine away for their earlier material. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I shot the photo upstairs in the band room at Graceland (now El Corazon) October 26, 2002.

No comments: